Joel 2: 1
(1) Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;
For anyone who is in the Bible on a daily basis it is impossible to miss the fact that Bible Prophecy is being filled right before our very eyes. But if you attend one of the big mega churches in America. You are almost certain to not hear anything that might cause you to believe it is urgent that you get ready to meet the Lord! In fact if you go to almost any church of any size. You are unlikely to be told of the urgent nature of things in America.
I myself brought this to the attention of the members of several churches. The normal response was always the same. Oh we don’t need to worry about that we won’t be here! My answer was always, we don’t know when the rapture will happen and maybe we will see at least part of some of the things the Bible predicts! But without exception I was rebuffed and never went on further with my thoughts.
As A Christian I believe Jesus expects us to educate those who are not yet saved! We are not saved to just sit back and wait for His return!
Luke 12: 48
(48) But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
That is somewhat clear, is it not! If I really care about the person I am witnessing too, should I not go the extra mile? If I really appreciate what Jesus did for me. Should I not want to share all of the good news to someone whose need is as great as mine was? If my message is rejected the blood is not on my hands. Jesus never said I was to force anyone to accept His truth. But He does expect me to give others the message someone gave to me! In fact I believe He makes His feelings quite clear in the following scripture!
Revelation 3: 14 thru 16
(14) And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
(15) I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
(16) So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Judgment day will come and can we take it for granted that God will not see our actions as not really appreciating the sacrifice He made for us? It is not possible to fully pay all we owe to Him. So why would we ration or limit what we will do for Him?
1st Peter 4: 17 thru 18
(17) For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
(18) And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
What if the Bible is, as I believe, the truth? You have all your eggs in a basket that says. Everything just happened, there is no God. When you find out you have been wrong it will be too late to do anything about it! Look around you at all the things you depend on everyday. Did any of them just happen? I’ll bet not! How can you gamble on your future and that of everyone you love? Your kids depend on you to guide them and protect them. Daddy, mommy, why didn’t you tell me the truth? Why gamble when you can accept the love of God today??