The Bible is a life preserver, you say that is ridiculous. Well lets take a look at the truth. We of course must start with, a belief in God. If we are so foolish as to believe what is taught in most educational systems in the world. We swallow the whale that we evolved, now there is a whopper. Common sense tells us that all things degenerate over time. So it is with any human being who has ever lived, with one exception. Jesus Christ received a glorified body after His resurrection, had He not done so. Even He would have gotten old and died again. As we study the word of God, we see that believing the Bible gives us the only hope of being rescued from certain destruction.
Then we must accept that there is life after death. As we begin to see what the Bible promises us, we see that there is a God who loves us and wants us to love each other. There is only one, so called religious system that is based on love. That system is the only one that requires us to love all of our fellowmen if we expect to be accepted by God.
Matthew 22: 35 thru 40
(35) Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
(36) Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
(37) Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
(38) This is the first and great commandment.
(39) And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
(40) On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
If we are a student of the word of God, we now know that Jesus is God in the flesh. We also see that He has come to rescue us from the evil ways of the evil men who live among us. Living with the word of God means there is a bright new life ahead of us and we shall live forever in Gods forever plan for those who love Him. His word is your one and only life preserver!